Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stuck in a rut.


If I'm being completely honest, I've felt a little "stuck" lately. And if I'm being even more honest, I have felt this way in almost every area of my life. In my job, my church, my marriage, my parenting, my friends, my relationship with God. I keep feeling like there has to be something more. Something bigger. I should be doing something I love to do, not stuffing bills for a living. I should be more involved in growing the church that I love. I should be romancing my husband more. I should be spending more one-on-one time with my son. I should still set aside time for good old fashion girl-talk. And I should without fail make time to study and pursue my relationship with God. It's been a while since I have felt really close to God. I attend church every Sunday and I pray when things get tough, but I haven't had an intimate conversation, an intimate moment, an intimate relationship with Him in far too long.

I'm working on a list. A friend on facebook made a 30 by 30 list. It consists of goals, big and small, that she wants to accomplish by the time she's 30. It inspired me to put in writing things I want to accomplish. I should never stop setting goals for myself. I should never stop challenging myself. I should never stop pursuing.

So far I've come up with 5. So, needless to say, the list may take a while. Hey, maybe that will be on my list. To make a list by the time I'm 30. Also become a famous comedian. Clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment