Wednesday, March 27, 2013

NashVegas

So this past weekend, Ethan and I snuck away to Music City for the weekend. I have a cousin who lives in Nashville pursuing her country career and she and her parents let us crash with them. We had a great time. I mean, a really, really great time. You know how sometimes, things don't go as planned? And on paper, you would be totally justified in being dissapointed - but you're not?

That is exactly how I feel about this weekend. Let me explain.

We planned on going to the Grand Ole Opry - that didn't happen. We planned on going to The Blue Bird Cafe - that didn't happen either. It was windy, rainy and freezing all weekend. And we must have spent about 40% of our trip waiting in lines, outside, in the freezing, windy, rain.

Sounds like a pitiful trip, right?

But actually, it wasn't. It was exactly what Ethan and I needed.

Firstly, it's called Music City for a reason, and with singing and guitar picking everywhere we went, our little music-lovin' hearts were in heaven!

And secondly, we spent time with family and were even able to hear my cousin sing a couple of times. Plug: www.colbydee.com Check her out - she's pretty great. :)

We loved getting to know my family a little better, eating some of the best food we've had in a while and enjoying the sounds of this music-filled town. We were won over and will definitely be back soon, Coskery family. :)

Below are a few pictures from our trip!



Colby Dee's dad, Stephen took this picture of downtown
Nashville, and it's just too pretty not to post...

Country Music Hall of Fame!
It was cool to see little pieces of history,
like the actual paper Dolly Parton wrote "Jolene" on.

Did I mention we stumbled upon Gunnar and Hailey
from the show "Nashville"?
 Gunnar sounds so much hotter with his real, Brittish accent.

Honky Tonkin' errry night.

Of all the lines we waited in,
Pancake Pantry was totally worth it.
Sweet Potato Pancakes and I shut my mouth.

My super talented cousin, Colby Dee and her
bandmate, Jake Etheridge. They're awesome together.

Prettiest view of Nashville from Pedestrian Walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment