Tuesday, March 12, 2013

30 by 30

Okay, so here it is. Here is my list of 30 goals I wish to accomplish by the time I'm 30. My hope is by putting in writing what I want to acheive, I will hold myself accountable to actually doing it. We'll see.

I also hope it inspires others to make a list. Obviously not everyone I know is under the age of 30 and some are getting closer each day (ahem... Ethan) but, whatever milestone is approaching or timeline fits for you - I hope you set some goals for yourself. We should all be challenging each other to do better and be better. So here's my challenge to you... set some goals, write them down and check them off. Here's to my next four years...



1. Write and record my own song. I've never really tried to write a song and I have no idea what I would write about but, it's worth a shot.

2. Read 5 books. Laugh all you want, but I just don't like to read. (Suggestions on a good read are welcome)

3. Read the entire Bible.

4. Be within reach of having our school debt paid off. And then begin planning a celebration...

5. Have another kid. Boy or girl, I don't care. But, if for some reason we aren't able to have another child by the time I'm 30 - we're pulling the plug. Or cutting it. Or whatever...

6. Bungee jump or skydive. Or both.

7. Take Ethan to Savannah. He's never been and it is one of my favorite places - so, on the list you go.

8. Stop biting my nails. I envy women with pretty nails, and in my rage of envy I bite mine away.

9. Learn to play at least one full song on the piano or guitar.

10. Live an active and healthy lifestyle. My goal is not to diet or be in the gym everyday of the week. I just want to do things in my spare time that are more active while snacking on a veggie instead of an oreo.

11. Cook a Top-chef type of meal, "plate" it and eat it on our china.

12. Take a cruise or two, or three. We always start to plan one and then another trip gets in the way.

13. Complete a full round of golf. I love to swing the club, I just don't like to keep the score. :)

14. Go to Poland again. That trip changed my life more than I may ever know and I would love nothing more than to go back again, with my husband.

15. Take Avery to Disney World. It really is a magical place.

16. Learn how to load and shoot a gun.

17. Finish or be on the path to finishing my degree.

18. Travel to 5 different U.S. cities I've never been. New Orleans sounds nice, or Dallas, New York City, Boston, Chicago, Charleston, St. Louis...

19. Find a career that I am proud of and passionate about.

20. Go to the Grand Ole Opry. Even though we're going next week, I couldn't leave it off the list. 1. It gives me one to go ahead and check off and 2. It's been on this country music lover's "list" far too long.

21. Learn to be at peace with relationships I can't change.

22. Sing the National Anthem at a Braves Game.

23. Start a few traditions with Avery. Maybe going to a specific place for breakfast on his birthday, or opening one gift on Christmas Eve, or playing hookie and having a "Fun Day" once a year. Whatever... just a fun memory that is all ours. 

24. Swim with the dolphins.

25. Learn to sew. I don't want to try out for Project Runway or anything, but being able to hymn my own pants would be nice.

26. Host a holiday dinner at our house.

27. Build something for our house. A bookcase, shelves, birdhouse... I don't care - just something.

28. See a broadway musical in New York City. I still have never been...

29.Take a big family Christmas trip. Gifts are great, but let's be real - anything I buy my family, they don't need. I'd rather spend the money on a vacation and give my family a better gift - my time.

30. Have an amazing 80's themed 30th Birthday Bash at a skating rink. Dead. Serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment