Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Reason for the Season?

Everything happens for a reason. A cliché to the fullest, but I
believe it to be true. I don’t believe that things happen
unintentionally.
In 9th grade I was in an accident involving cheerleaders, a homecoming
float and tootsie rolls – another story for another day. After my
accident Pastor Ray (who I did not know at the time) reached out to me
and invited me to his church – The Village Church. I immediately fell
in love with the atmosphere and felt genuinely cared about, which was
something lacking at the church I was attending at the time. After my
first Village experience, I was sold and became involved with the
youth, began singing on the praise team and eventually signed up for a
mission trip to Poland that would forever change my life. A trip that
was originally planned for 7-8 people ultimately dwindled down to
myself, Pastor Ray and Ethan - awkward.  What I thought was nothing
more than an opportunity to travel and sing ended up being the
beginning of a friendship that would eventually become what it is
today – a wonderful marriage with a beautiful son with God at the
center of both.
What’s the point of my rambling? I honestly believe that God has a
bigger plan that we can’t even imagine.  Do I think God pushed me off
the homecoming float so that I would be invited to the church? No. I
do, however, think he allowed something wonderful to come of it.  If I
had not been in the accident, maybe I would have never found The
Village, which in turn, means I would have never fallen in love with
my best friend.
Life is crazy and most times makes no sense
whatsoever, but take comfort in knowing that there is a bigger plan
made by the Creator himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment